We have been getting this error since upgrading to Mavericks. "OS X needs to repair your Library to run applications. Type an Administrator's name and password to allow this". This happens on a per user base. A user can login and get this error and logoff and get no error. It seems "random" but we know its not. Just cant seem to connect the dots.
If you navigate to ~/library. It says "The operation can't be completed because the item can't be found". But if you navigate through Computer-->Macintosh HD-->Users everything is there, and has full permissions.
Things we have tried that have failed.
1. Fix disc permissions
2. Repaired Keychain
3. Software update to OS X 10.9.2
4. Deleted Login Keychain via script
5. Created a folder in ~/Library/User/keychain @Postimage
6. sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -root / @Login
7. Disabling Keychain Update via script
We are using Active Directory
Our Users are Managed, Mobile
Any help would be greatly appreciated
OS X need to repair your library